How You May Benefit From Orthodontic Treatment
- June 20, 2019
- 2 min read
You may have heard people say that orthodontic treatment gives you more confidence and self-esteem. This is 100% true, but these are just the most visible benefits of ortho treatment. For many people, a perfect smile is a side effect of ortho treatment. We have many patients that undergo treatment because they suffer from frequent headaches, jaw pain, teeth grinding, or have difficulty chewing food. Aligning your teeth in their correct positions not only reduces these maladies, but consequently can reduce the risk of teeth grinding, enamel erosion, cavities, and gum disease.
An orthodontist uses metal wire, small brackets, adhesive, and sometimes rubber bands to gently guide the teeth into their correct positions. Invisalign accomplishes the same thing but with a series of clear plastic aligners made to fit to your unique smile. Treatment at West Loop Orthodontics can last anywhere between 6 to 30 months.
After a couple months of treatment, you may notice that you’re
- Chewing food correctly
- Causing less wear to your teeth
- Improving your oral hygiene
- Losing weight (for some patients)
Upon completion of orthodontic treatment, you may notice that.
- You no longer suffer from headaches or jaw pain from misaligned teeth
- Your teeth are straight and your bite is correct
- Your risk for gum disease, cavities, tooth decay, and bone loss may be lower
- Your jaw is more symmetrical
- The skeletal structure of your face is improved
- You have more confidence in your smile
Once all that hard work is done, we’ll give you a custom retainer so that your perfect smile lasts you forever.